Everyone’s experience is different and that makes your voice unique and valuable. There are many ways to participate in the process.
Participate in Local Events
Volunteer or simply attend
Join our email list below or visit the Advanced Behavioral Pathways Facebook page to keep up with events in our community. We post a wide variety of resources. PTA FACEBOOK PAGE
Actions you can take
- , Find your California State legislators: http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov. In California, State legislators make many decisions that impact the lives of individuals with disabilities. Interacting with our local legislators helps them know what issues are important to you. Legislators participate in many community events where they ask for input from the community and they need to hear from the disability community. Whether keeping track online or reaching out in-person, it is important to know who your local legislators are.
- Sign up for newsletters from your legislators by visiting their website and signing up
- Learn about new voting changes in LA County that make voting more accessible than ever! https://vsap.lavote.net
- Register to vote: https://registertovote.ca.gov
- Vote. Your voice counts!
- Learn more: In California there are 40 members of the Senate and 80 members of the Assembly that make decisions important to our lives. You can learn more by visiting the websites: https://www.assembly.ca.gov, https://www.senate.ca.gov
We Want to Hear From You
What are the concerns impacting your life? How can we better advocate for individuals with developmental disabilities? What are the legislative issues impacting service providers?
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us at any time.